Spring Favorites (so far)
1. Asparagus | We love fresh asparagus. Our favorite way to cook it is on the grill, but for those times that we can’t grill it, we opt for roasting it. If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out. Simply wash your asparagus and break the ends off. Then place it in a single layer on your baking sheet. Drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle it with Kosher salt and pepper (this is also how we prep it for grilling). Then put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. We like ours roasted until the tips start to crisp just a little, so it may need to stay in longer depending on how you like it. After you take it out of the oven, you can also grate some Parmesan cheese on top. Delicious.
2. Sandals | I love sandals and flip-flops. I’m in the market for some new ones this Spring and really like these metallic flip-flops in gold from Target. They would work for casual outfits and when I get a little more dressed up, which if I’m being honest, isn’t all that often! Ha ha I will probably buy myself some this weekend!
3. Our Spring Bucket List | We love our bucket lists. They help us remember all of the fun things we say we want to do when the weather gets warm again and also help with boredom on those long summer days. And this year I created a Spring Bucket List for the first time and we are working to cross everything off before we move on to our Summer Bucket List. Get yours here.
4. Midwest Living Magazine | I think this magazine is on every one of my favorites lists. It’s such a great magazine. I look forward to every issue and this Spring issue is awesome. There is an article all about Custer State Park in the Black Hills, which just so happens to be where we are taking the kids on vacation this summer. Lots of good info that we’re using to plan our trip. Plus, they always have awesome recipes and seasonal decorating ideas, not to mention beautiful photography.
5. Garden Planning | As you know, I started my first mini garden last Spring, but this year I’m planning on going much bigger. I’ve been making plans, but it’s still been a little too chilly here to really get started planting yet. Soon though. Very soon. We’re thinking about a raised bed, however, I might stick with some big galvanized steel tubs this year before venturing into anything bigger. I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew and I am still very much a beginner at the whole gardening thing. I definitely plan on planting a few tomato plants and lots of basil again, but I also want to grow some other veggies too (any suggestions for a beginner?). I can’t wait to get started! I will for sure be writing much more about this topic as it gets closer.
I have big plans for you Spring! I’m so glad you’re finally here and I can get a move on!
Do you have any big plans for Spring? A garden? A fun spring break vacation?