I think it’s safe to say that Spring has finally arrived here in the Midwest…well, my part of the Midwest anyway. Bright blue skies, lots of sunshine, warmer temps and Robins are all good signs that Winter is on its way out. We’ve had four days that the temps reaches 60+ within the past week or so. And looking ahead at the forecast, it shows 50’s & 60’s. I’ll take it! I’ll take anything above 40 at this point!
With temps on the rise, I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to do outside this Spring and Summer. Here is a list of everything I would like to do and get done outside the house. You know I love a good list!
- Host a launch party for my photography business (I would love for this to be outdoors instead of in, but it’s definitely up to Mother Nature)
- Plan & Plant a garden (I want to involve Jeremy and the kids this year)
- Get a swing set for the kids
- Remove about 7 bushes from our backyard
- Plant tall grasses where we remove the bushes
- Powerwash and stain our deck
- Seed and Fertilize the lawn
- Plant flowers…a lot more flowers this year
- Empty the sandbox and refill with pea gravel instead of sand
- Plan a family vacation
- Take the kids camping for the first time
- Lots and lots of family outings (I’ll be listing these on our Summer Family Fun List again this year. You can check out last year’s list here.)
- Get a new front door
- Wash the windows
- Spray paint projects (I can’t spray paint all winter because it’s too cold out, even in our heated garage)
Whoa…that’s a lot of stuff! I could probably keep going, but I think I’ll stop there before I totally overwhelm myself! Ha ha! I hope the weather sticks so that I can get going on this list as soon as possible.
I was also thinking about maybe creating a Spring Family Fun List this year. I have a list for every other season, so it seems fitting to make one for Spring as well.
What are your plans for the new season? Are you as excited as I am?!