As I mentioned on Monday, I’m ready to flip the calendar over to September and get this autumn started, so in the spirit of the new season rapidly approaching, I want to share five things I l love about fall.
1. The food! I love summer grilling, but I adore the comfort food of fall. I love using my crock pot and the simplicity of it. I also love to cozy up on the couch to watch football with a warm bowl of chili and a glass of red wine. Perfection.
2. Pumpkin candles and just lighting candles in general. I find candlelight to be so much more romantic and cozy in the fall and winter. But that pumpkin scent is my all-time favorite. It warms my soul. Too cheesy?
3. The colors. We have a lot of colors here in Nebraska and there’s something about all that color that is so inspiring. I usually have a ton of projects that I get excited about tackling, and this year is no exception!
4. The new season of shows start back. I have a few favorites that I can’t wait to watch this fall. The shows at the top of my list are Parenthood, The Walking Dead and Modern Family. Oh man I’m I excited for The Walking Dead! Hurry up October!
5. The holidays. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. It’s just too much fun! Costumes and free candy. Enough said. And who doesn’t love a holiday that involves celebrating what we’re thankful for while eating a gorgeous homemade meal?!
Is anyone else ready for fall’s arrival? Are you obsessed with pumpkin candles too or is that just me?!
Oh, and I love pumpkins. All varieties. If I could be a pumpkin farmer I would.
See you tomorrow!