Now that it’s officially summer, well on Friday that is, I thought I would share my five favorite things about this awesome season.
1. Swimming. I grew up with a pool in my backyard and was a little fish my entire childhood. I loved swimming more than anything, and often times my parents had a hard time getting me out of the pool at the end of the day. My dream is to someday have a pool in our backyard for our kids. Someday.
2. Watermelon. Oh how I love watermelon. It’s the greatest fruit on Earth. I could literally eat an entire watermelon in one sitting. My husband just laughs at me.
3. All That Green. I love looking out the window and seeing all that green on the trees and the lawns. And the flowers! I crave that in the winter.
4. Farmer’s Markets. I like being able to buy fresh picked fruits and veggies from local farmers, but I also like just being around all the people and feeling like a part of the community. It’s awesome.
5. Long Days. Summertime is so magical with its long days. I just love that the sun stays up so late into the evening. I love dusk. It’s so gorgeous with colorful sunsets. I always so much more energy because of all the daylight.
Summer seems to fly by too fast, so I try my hardest to soak up every last second of it. We take lots of pictures, enjoy some long, lazy days just lounging around and also get out and about doing all the things that we can’t do in the winter. There is nothing like summer and all its magic.