Because this is a new blog for me, even though I’ve been blogging for almost five years, I thought I would share a few things about me so that you can get to know me a little bit better.
1. I have some weird quirks. But one that I’ve had forever seriously determines whether or not I get a good nights sleep. Ok, here it is. I have to have a pillow at the end of the bed on my feet or I have a REALLY hard time falling asleep. I know! It’s totally weird! Well, it all started when I was pretty little. My mom didn’t want me to put the decorative pillows from my bed on the floor, so she would put them at the end of the bed. I got so used to having those pillows there that even when I didn’t have to have them there, I couldn’t sleep without one! I hold my mom responsible for my weirdness.
2. My absolute favorite food of all time is pizza. I could literally eat pizza every day of the week. I never get tired of it.
3. I’ve been scrapbooking for 17 years, so I guess that means I’ve been some what of a photographer that long too considering my scrapbooks are filled with all the pictures I’ve taken over the years. But I’m just finally turning my love for photography into my career. It sure took me long enough.
4. If I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, I would choose my grandma in a heartbeat. She died four years ago after a long and devastating battle with Alzheimer’s. We were really close. I feel cheated that she didn’t get to see me get married or meet my kids. She did get to meet Jeremy, but was already really gone by that point, so she didn’t even know who he was or why he was hanging around.
5. My dream vacation, other than a trip to the Maldives, is a trip to Alaska. We thought about going for our honeymoon, but decided that it would be too expensive considering we just got engaged in Hawaii eight months before buying a house and paying for part of a wedding. I still wish we would’ve just gone for it! Maybe we’ll get there for our ten-year anniversary. Fingers crossed.
So, that’s just a few things to help you to get to know me better.
If you have any weird quirks, I would love to hear about them so that I don’t feel like the only weirdo.
It’s almost officially Spring! I’m so excited I could do a happy dance! Yay!
I hope you have a great weekend!